The class will take place from 8-10pm every Thursday in November (with the exception of the final class on Thursday, 12/3)
In the first two weeks, students will focus on the essentials of portrait drawing, the structure of the head and how to landmark facial features.
In the last two weeks, students will create a portrait from a live model to practice what they’ve learned. All levels are welcome. Please bring your own materials.
Korey Edmonson has 5 years of portrait experience and he holds a degree in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
- Newsprint pad - 18x24
- 18x24 Strathmore 400 series
- Vine and willow charcoal
- General's Compressed charcoal
- General's Charcoal Pencils - variety (HB, 2B, 4B, 6B)
- Blending stumps asst. sizes
- Kneaded eraser
- Tombow mono zero eraser (optional)
- Paint brushes soft to stiff
* If you need materials supplied for you please contact us in advance.